WTF: Open For Business As Unusual



A few years ago, I did a post about the weird party names in Berlin. Things have obviously come full circle because now, I'm noticing names again but this time, it's business names.

Today, I saw this place in Friedrichshain called "Sound & Cocktails". Like, how much more non-committal can you get? The only thing you know for sure about that place is that you'll have cocktails in a space that isn't a sonic vacuum. 

Later, on my way home, I tried to list some even more non-committal names that these people could use for their next location:

Sonic Frequencies And Fun

Appliances And Atmosphere

Dinner And Dimensional Space

Liquids And Luminescence - (because if you specify 'light', people might get their hopes up for nothing)

Vibes & Vertebrates - (because if you specify 'people', people might get their hopes up for nothing)

Or, my personal favourite:

Molecular Structures And Motion

I can imagine the sales pitch for that joint would run something like, "Come to our new... place! It's got... er... molecular structures... and, um... motion. It's so much like... erm... any part of the Universe that's not inside a black hole."

From a music lover's point of view, if you'll settle for just 'sound' then you'd probably quite content with something like that, but perhaps that's just my subjective spin on things.

So have you seen any "specially" named placed in Berlin lately? I want to know about it! Please share in the comments box, below! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview: It's "Garbicz", Not Garbage!

Review: Gegen 8ternity @ KitKat Club

Demo Diary: Black Lives Matter, Everywhere. Period.