Preview: Next Weekend in Parties

While stranded in the party desert of London, where I have been for the past week, I have been keeping one beady eye trained on the Berlin party scene and building up a lather of anticipation in advance of my return. To this end, I've been earmarking ideal venues for celebrating one's reunion with her favourite city in the world in a suitably cheap and decadent style.


I wanted to start by checking out Whiskey Tango Foxtrot at Renate this Thursday but it has doubled in price in the six weeks since I first went there, from 2 to 5 euros. For a single-floor affair with two DJs on the bill that's quite pricey, especially on a sunny afternoon with a range of excellent free, open air options to choose from in nearby Treptow Park and Rummelsburg.



Speaking of which, the new beach venue of Rummelsburg Berlin sounds like it is really coming into its own with a promising two-floor Burlesque Musique & Style Rockets extravaganza planned for this Saturday the 16th.
It starts at 12.00 and will surely go on until late enough to satisfy the carnivalesque tastes of all attendees.


A rare freebie is happening this Saturday in a tent near Hauptbahnhof. The blandly-named Audio Video Session Volume 1 in Seydlitz Strasse includes beach games, live and electronic music, visuals plus a bunch of Danish names on the roll-call. Sounds like a lucidly lazy way to while away an afternoon.

The Champagneria Open Air sounds like it will be a lush curiosity. I haven't been to the Champagneria in Kreuzberg but it is fairly legendary albeit in a subtle way. Don't know if I'll make it to their event this weekend but I definitely want to see pictures... please post them to me if you make it there!

While I am pissed off with ://about blank at the moment, their Cotton Wood Garden sounds like the type of night I would have once gone to there. If you are willing to endure the dehumanizing entry process and maybe get beaten up a little bit, then you may be rewarded with a decent time for your pains... or you may not. But after being terrorized by the doorstaff, you will at least be relieved to find that the event is taking place in the garden, which is about as far from them as you can possibly get without leaving...

To end my welcome party weekend on a good note there is this 'secret' event on Sunday... see you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview: It's "Garbicz", Not Garbage!

Review: Gegen 8ternity @ KitKat Club

Demo Diary: Black Lives Matter, Everywhere. Period.